Social Media Officer
What is a social-media officer?
Social media, including websites like Facebook and Twitter, is essential in driving traffic, boosting online presence, and solidifying reputation. As social media officer, your will be helping Conatus News’ message reach as many people as possible.
- A working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter and the most effective ways of using them. You must be comfortable using social media, posting in groups, and seeking out influencers.
- An awareness of current affairs and discourse in both academia and the socio-political sphere. You should be able to effectively participate, to an extent, in contemporary discussion surrounding these topics.
- Good grammar and spelling.
- A passion for progressivism, human rights, and debate
You will have to dedicate 30 minutes a day to sharing on social media, which will involve the following:
- Guided by the exec team, becoming familiar with effective marketing skills
- Reading Conatus News’ output
- Posting articles in relevant groups on Facebook, or using the relevant hashtags on Twitter to reach target audiences
- Including thought-provoking questions and commentary to spark discussion
- Engaging in conversation that should pop up in response to the article
- Tagging relevant influencers, or people who might have an interest in a given article’s topic
How Do I apply?
Please contact us with details including who you are, your academic/job background and/or experience, and reasons why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!